Sunday, October 3, 2010

Updates and Train Stations

UPDATE: Visa approved and obtained - Bangladesh, here I come!! (Mon night departure from Richmond...)

Train Stations

Well, another Joneser moment.... I recently had an hour layover in Philadelphia's 30th street train station. So after a quick lunch and a check of my email, I was off to the bathroom before catching the next train.

The first stall I went in was small, so I left my big rolling suitcase and carry-on just outside the door. I don't like to do that. You never know who's looking for easy opportunities in these places. But I also had to pee.

So I go in and soon realize that there's no toilet paper to wipe off the seat (yes, I like to sit down and pee most of the time instead of standing up - I don't know why). Anyway, I look under the divider and the handicapped stall next to mine is empty. So I quickly exit the skinny stall, grab my large suitcase, and head for the bigger stall, which I'm thinking is GREAT because I can put my bags inside w/ me!

The only thing is - I had forgotten that I had already unzipped my jeans in the first stall, so when I got to grabbing the luggage, twisting around, finding the handle, .... my pants had fallen nearly to the floor. So there I am, my hands full w/ luggage trying to get the handicapped stall door open...with my pants around my knees! A guy in a suit was coming in the bathroom - I couldn't even look him in the eye! I just shuffled into the new stall and breathed a sigh of relief as I locked the door behind me. Why me, O Lord??


No comments:

Post a Comment